Expense System Terminology

Authorization Request

Used to obtain approval for employee, Regent, and non-employee travel when a Travel Authorization (TA) is required - i.e., for travel outside Colorado or for travel involving an airline or other common carrier. (Replaces the Travel Authorization Program, or TAP.)


Individual authorized to act, in the Expense System, on behalf of another person. (Note: Delegates are not policy specific - that is, a delegate can process both Procurement Card reports and Employee Reimbursement reports for the individual for whom s/he is a delegate. It is up to that individual and the delegate to identify which types of reports should actually be processed by the delegate.) There are two types of delegates:

  1. A Create Delegate can prepare Expense Reports (Procurement Card and Employee Reimbursement) for another individual.
  2. An Approver Delegate can approve Expense Reports on behalf of another individual. (To be an Approver Delegate, the individual must already have approver authority.)

Expense Report:

  1. List of Procurement Card transactions for a calendar month. (Replaces the ACARD System Monthly Statement.)
  2. List of personal purchases - travel and non-travel - made by employees or Regents and submitted for reimbursement. (Replaces Payment Voucher and Travel Voucher forms for employee and Regent reimbursements.)
    1. Each business trip will continue to have its own expense report.
    2. Non-travel related reimbursements may be processed in an expense report once per month per employee.

Company Card

University Procurement Card or Travel Card.

Travel Allowances

If you will be requesting per diem for meals and incidentals then you may have travel allowances.

Additional Assistance

For help, CIPS employees may e-mail Email Address
Additionally the Finance & Procurement Help Desk can provide assistance via phone or email at (303) 837-2161, or FinProHelp@cu.edu