Complete travel information can be found on the PSC Website

Questions? Contact the Help Desk at 303-837-2161 or

Foreign Travel

The University of Colorado provides assistance to employees who travel outside of the United States. Please refer to the University Risk Management website for more information.

Per Diem Rates:

Per diem rates can be found at the US General Services Administration website.

Personal Car Use

The standard reimbursement rate is 50¢ per mile and the 4WD rate is 53¢ for road conditions that require use of a four-wheel-drive vehicle.

Reimbursable miles are those driven in excess of the normal round-trip commute to your primary work location — regardless of the type of transportation used for that normal commute.


Travelers must submit original itemized receipts for all charges showing proof of payment. If you paid cash the detailed receipt is sufficient, otherwise you will need to document that you paid for the item. If your receipt does not provide this additional documentation you will need to submit your credit card statement or your credit card receipt.


  • All rental vehicle gas receipts are required regardless of dollar amount.
  • Itemized receipts are required for lodging charges showing proof of payment.

Proof of Payment

Written evidence that an expense is no longer outstanding and that a specific individual or entity covered that amount. Such information is required in order to process reimbursements.

Examples of possible documentation could include:

  • Original vendor receipt showing a balance due of zero.
  • Original vendor receipt/invoice showing note that "Paid in full-cash" and vendor’s signature
  • Original credit card slip or copy of credit card summary statement
  • Copy of cancelled personal check to vendor
  • Copy of subsequent month’s invoice indicating that previous amount due was paid.

Rental Vehicle & Liability Insurance

Rent from a preferred vendor and charge to your Travel Card (US Bank VISA). See info for detailed information regarding rental car insurance.

Shared Costs - Employees

As a general rule, employees should not share expenses. An employee may not use their travel card to pay for another employee's expenses. If two University employees in travel status share lodging, each should pay his/her own portion of lodging and submit separate reimbursement requests.

Shared Costs - Spouse, Relatives, and Friends

Not reimbursable. Employee must cover any personal costs directly.

Telephone/Fax/Internet Usage Charges

Such charges for University business are reimbursable. When using hotel services, these charges must be itemized and traveler must identify any business-related charges that are reimbursable.


Reasonable tips given to ground transportation personnel are reimbursable (up to a max of 20% of the service charge). Maid, porter and bellhop tips are included in the Incidental Expense Per Diem amount and cannot be claimed separately.

Toll Road Charges

Toll road charges are reimbursable. Receipt and proof of payment are required for charges $25 or more.

Additional Assistance

For help, CIPS employees may e-mail Email Address
Additionally the Finance & Procurement Help Desk can provide assistance via phone or email at (303) 837-2161, or